Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Less Than One Week To Go....


I can’t believe that I am now less than a week away from starting classes.  It seems like it was just yesterday that I got accepted into grad school back in January, so the past eight months have flown by.

My feelings are very mixed as I approach the start of this grad school journey.  For the most part, I am very excited for classes to start.  I have always enjoyed school and love the process of learning something new.  I am ready for a new challenge and am excited about the people that I will meet throughout the course of my graduate school experience.  I am also excited to see what opportunities come my way after I graduate and I know that this will lead me into a job and career that will leave me fulfilled every day.

At the same time, I am also a little anxious about starting grad school.  Change has never been something that I deal with easily.  The thought of going back to school again does make me a little nervous with getting back into the swing of studying, writing papers, doing projects, etc.  I know it will be different than my undergraduate experience and I am not entirely sure what to expect from being in graduate school.  I know that my classes are going to be a lot of work and I will probably get stressed out very easily over my grades and all.  Balancing my classwork along with continuing to work at Barnes & Noble a little bit and maybe getting involved with an organization or two on campus will also be a challenge.  I was also offered a graduate assistantship and I am still waiting to find out all the details of what that is going to entail and not knowing how this is going to work is stressing me out a little bit.  Hopefully I will find out more details before classes start next week.  I know that once I get started all these stresses of uncertainty will go away and I will settle into a routine.  I just need to remember to take time for myself, not over-extend myself throughout the year and also enjoy this whole experience!

In the meantime, this week I am looking forward to sitting by the pool a little bit and crossing some books off my To-Read list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doing Good with my Degree

  Coming into graduate school and throughout this experience, I have always envisioned that after completing my degree, I would want to u...